Saturday, May 3, 2008

What a show!

The Stars of the Lid show was fantastic! It was in smallish room where drinking and smoking weren't allowed. This means two things: clear, clean air and fewer people walking in and out to get drinks. The room was carpeted so I sat on the floor.


There were two violinists, one cellist and two guitarists/effects guys. The sound was incredible; not too loud. I slept soundly without ringing in my ears: also a rare event. During the show, I closed my eyes and let myself get taken away with the music; something that doesn't happen often for me. If more shows were seated, I think this could happen for more people. I had wanted the same experience when I saw Do Make Say Think at Le National but it wasn't seated and standing around in a smoky room on crushed beer bottles really takes away from it all.

Stars of the Lid - Sons and Daughters of Quiet Minds

No comments: