Thursday, August 6, 2009

Something that I'm finding annoying in design blogs lately is the overuse of the term "pop of color". A "pop of color" is used to add colour to a room with a very plain palate, usually cream or white. I was seeing people use "pops of colour" in the rooms in their own homes and in the redesign of rooms in other people's homes so much, I started to wonder just how blandly they decorate! I doubt any colour I add to my house would "pop" as there is already a colourful palette to begin with.

I searched younghouselove.com's site for their use of "pops" of different colours and I got over 100 results! I searched apartmenttherapy.com and got over 8 pages of results! I don't think I like these white and cream homes that need pops of color, I find it very boring.

I guess, as my brother likes to remind me, I have too much time on my hands.


No comments: