Monday, May 17, 2010

I recently started a Couch to 5km running program! I'm using Robert Ullrey's C25k podcasts to help me out. There are nine podcasts, each one is meant to be done three times in one week so that the whole thing lasts nine weeks. I decided that to keep myself from giving up as I've done so many times before, I will do each session four times instead of three, just to make sure I'm not moving along through the program too quickly.

Dana started a challenge to runners to take photos of their running routes, so here's mine!

I do this loop twice which takes about 30 minutes. First, I run down my street towards a park...

and follow this path...

which veers right, around a big grassy area...

following this path, I pass behind Maison St-Gabriel...

and exit this park, cross the street diagonally to enter another park...

where I follow a series of paths...

enjoy some sculpture...

come out onto the street...

and back onto my street!

4 comments:

Dana said...

I love it! It looks so green, bright and sunshiney. I was expecting a route that would take you along the canal. Do you ever do that? What about music, do you listen to your ipod while you run?

Unknown said...

Keep the pictures coming, Michelle.

Robert said...

That's a great challenge you've set for yourself. When you're on this run, is Mark ahead or behind you?

Michelle said...

The music I listen to is the music that Robert Ullrey has in his podcast. It's a kind of techno I guess, and he talks sometimes for encouragement and to indicate when to run and when to walk.

Mark is either sleeping or working when I'm running!