Monday, May 30, 2011

Turistas, Go Home!

I found this list of movies about Americans in trouble abroad and have been watching a different one each night.

So far I've watched:

1. The Beach. I saw this movie when it first came out in 2000, it reminded me so much of my backpacking days, especially the music. Except I never found the beach, or maybe the beach is in all of us, or maybe there is no beach, or maybe the beach...ah, forget it.

2. Transsiberian. I like this movie a lot. I saw about 3/4 of it when it first came out and was pleasantly surprised to see that there was a whole other ending than what I remembered. As in, an entire other 1/4 of the movie!

3. Midnight Express. I'd only ever heard of this movie and glad I finally watched it. Man is it violent, I had to cover my eyes a lot. There is one scene that is particularly intense, I can't imagine acting that part out, very violent!

4. Brokedown Palace. Midnight Express is way better! I'll be honest, I still don't know who did it.

Next is Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. I need something a little lighter before I go back into the heavy stuff.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Did you know The Beach was filmed on a Thai Island (called Koh Phi Phi - pronounced ko pee pee - heeheh!)? We wanted to go there on our way back to canada, but it just ended up being too complicated. I'm still dying to go, everyone raves about thailand over here. I think I'll start saving for a trip there. Are you in? Of course, we'll be sure to keep on eye on our luggage and not trust good-looking strangers.

Robert said...

Burnng Calories-
This is someone else's math, and I'm certain it's source is accurate.
To burn the calories of half of an Oreo cookie, a 90 kg person would have to walk up 36 flights of stairs.
So, exercise is not a good weight management strategy.