Friday, February 29, 2008

We're in stitches!

Willow's back from the vet! She hated the Elizabethan Collar on the first day; she went crazy, constantly backing up to get it off. Now, when I put it on, even if it's loose enough for her to take off herself, she just accepts it. How pathetic! Her little would is sewn up with real thread (unlike my other cat's stitchless suturing) and she can't help but lick and pull at the stitches when I take the collar off.

When I dropped her off at the vet, there was a middle-aged couple dropping off an even minnier cat to be spayed. The husband was holding the little cat in his arms, giving it little kisses once in awhile. What is it about little animals that makes otherwise tough folks go gaga? I wish I had a picture of that man and his new cat. He looked like the type who spent his weekends chopping wood and ice fishing.

Today is the last day before March Break! I might finally actually go cross-country skiing. Any tips on waxing skis? All the instructions I find online are over my head. I thought it was so much simpler!

No comments: