Friday, December 10, 2010

I have taken some really great train rides. Many years ago, I travelled 1532km on the Ghan form Adelaide to Alice Springs, Australia.

http://rac.com.au/Travel/RAC-Travel-eNews/2009/April-09/Ghan.aspx

I also travelled 730km on the Southern Spirit from Adelaide to Melbourne, in Australia.


I also travelled about 200km from Greymouth to Christchurch in New Zealand on the TranzAlpine which passes through Arthur's Pass National Park, beautiful!

http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/media/photo/tranzalpine-train

And leaving on January 1st, 2011 I'm travelling for my very first time in a sleeper on the Canadian from Toronto to Vancouver!

2 comments:

SeangSTM said...

So jealous! You'll have to blog about the experience. I've always wondered how that trip would be considering the train from Toronto to Sudbury is as near to unbearably horrid as I can imagine travelling on a train could be. (Seriously - 7 hours...??)

Michelle said...

Hey Sean, send me an email, I can't find your email anywhere on your blog!