Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Here are some photos from a long, gray walk I took last weekend:

First, some kitty footprints I always walk by on my way to the ocean.

Here is the coastal path I walked along. It was a pretty wet day!

The biggest cormorant ever! Just kidding, it's a sculpture.

I ended up coming upon a beach that closed for the winter in mid-September.

So I relaxed on the big lawn chairs.

I got to a kind of forest and found this little guy. Rabbits aren't native to Iceland and this one was probably a pet someone let loose. He let me get pretty close.

Some WW2 bunkers, apparently.

A cat on top of a theatre.

The sun eventually came out.

Icelandic Parliament:

A church next to the Parliament.

Cafe Paris (with the black awning) where I had a coffee. One of my favourite places to read a book for a couple of hours.

The view from Cafe Paris; a busy little intersection. The red building is a big post office.


Oh! And fyi, tomorrow the sun will rise at 10:11 AM and set at 4:14 PM. Yowzers! If you're dying to further develop your SAD symptoms, come visit me! I'm only here for 4 more weeks!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking at the bunny and reading the comments about the WWII bunker, i thought i was going nuts. Who calls their bunny WWII