Sunday, October 21, 2007

Finally some pictures!

Here are some of the highlights of my week off with Mark. If you want to see ALL the photos, click here.

Skogarfoss is one of the waterfalls we stopped to admire. This is the map of the entire village of Skogar, about 4 streets.

Here is Mark in front of the waterfall:

This is the path up the mountain along the side:

Here is the view from the top of the path. This is the kind of thing we constantly saw from the road. Farmhouses nestled at the foot of these mountains.

And me leaping!

We also visited
Jökulsárlón, which is a kind of iceberg lagoon. Pieces of the glacier calve away and float out to sea.

Me freezing cold! I wanted to enjoy it so much, but it was incredibly windy and chilly!

When we drove up to the first hostel we stayed at, there were two sheep sitting on the front porch. It was surreal. I wasn't sure if they were real or not.

On our way home, we stopped to see Gullfoss and Geysir, both of which I've visited before, but this time it wasn't raining.

Me waiting for Geysir to erupt!


We stopped to relax at this empty beach:
There's our little Chevrolet Matiz in the distance!


Another lovely waterfall and me on the path to see it.


A couple of hot dogs:

And Plants and Animals at 12 Tonar in Reykjavik.


1 comment:

Pearl said...

Hi Michelle!!!
Looks like you and Mark had a wonderful time!! Iceland looks fantastic! I hope I will get a chance to come and visit. How long are you there for?
Keep on blogging, I love knowing what you are up to!