Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Photos and videos

I fixed the link that leads to ALL the pictures taken during my road trip. Here it is again. There are some videos too! Or you can watch them below. I admit to feeling apprehensive about showing them; you can hear my voice and Mark cussing! I know, I'm a prude.



ICELAND

1. The highway out of Reykjavik. It's four lanes, but that's only in and around the city. It changes to two lanes later. You can see steam coming from bore holes. The further east we went, the less steam we saw coming from the ground.

2. Mark praising the European grocery store and me dissing him.

3. Sideways Selfoss.

4. Sellfoss (waterfall) off of the highway which you can walk behind. I'm obviously impressed in the video!

5. Jökulsárlon, the iceberg glacier. It was FREEZING and WINDY!!

6. Sheep walking on the "highway" - imagine if that happened on the 401? And horses and farms and mountains.

7. In Skaftafell National Park - Europe's biggest national park!

8. Mark's arty video.

9. At the top of the mountain next to Skogarfoss and me talking about that guy August who lived in Akureyri.

10. Gullfoss; notice how icy the part where the tourists, including us, are standing. I doubt tourists would be allowed anywhere near something that dangerous in Canada!

11. Sideways Geysir.

12. The shore near my house.

No comments: