Friday, October 19, 2007

It's too much!

When I'm walking about in the Plateau or Mile End with my boyfriend, it's inconceivable that I should *not* hear these two words spoken in the most matter-of-fact tone: "Mark Lawson". This is because Mark Lawson knows lots of people, helps a lot of people out with their projects and is just an all-around easy-going, nice guy. So imagine how surprisingly little surprise I felt when we were walking towards Geysir in Iceland of all places and I hear, "Mark Lawson". Naturally, we ran into Andrew Rose and Plants and Animals. And why shouldn't we run into them. Mark wasn't surprised in the least, "It was bound to happen." Of course they were all clutching their styrofoam cups of coffee and smoking cigarettes, as we had done (minus the cigarettes) while enjoying Gullfoss just 20 minutes earlier. I think it's safe to assume that anyone you see holding a cup of coffee while gazing at natural wonders is probably from Montreal.

We rented a car for three days and travelled along the South coast to Höfn and back.
Those were 3 of the BEST days of my life! I have hundreds of photos and a few videos to show you, but they are all on Mark's camera, so I have to wait until he gets home before I upload everything. From the minute we drove the car out of the car rental parking lot until we returned it, we had one adventure after another! I couldn't have asked for a better time.

No comments: