Monday, October 1, 2007

Reykjavik International Film Festival and the Lopi sweater

I have mixed feelings about watching Jaws underwater. For one thing, the screen on the wall outside of the pool was pretty small and the sound was terrible! The sound underwater was much clearer, although the underwater screen was also pretty small! I didn't stay for the whole movie; the hot pot outside was way too tempting. But it was neat to swim in a pool and watch a movie at the same time.

So far I've watched: The Banishment, The Band's Visit, Heima, Faces of a Fig Tree, Have You Another Apple and Loners. My favourites and recommendations are The Band's Visit, Heima and maybe Loners. Today I'll try to watch another 3 movies. Popcorn is pretty cheap here; about $2.25 CAD!

The Handknitting Association of Iceland's website talks about a sweater we all know and love:


Icelandic wool has two layers: an outer water-repellent layer and an inner insulating layer. I probably would never buy one a sweater of this style, but because I'm here, I think I have to! This one in particular is pretty cute, no?

I placed a handy little poll up on the left-hand side so you can help me decide. Isn't blogspot.com neat?

3 comments:

margaret said...

definitely the cardigan! Does it have a zipper? It's hard to tell from the pic.

Eleanor Gang said...

I’ve actually made two lopi sweaters. They’re not difficult; since the wool and needles are so thick, they knit up very quickly.

Anonymous said...

Vic wants a lopi sweater, how much do they cost?