Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Could you live in a glass house?

I was watching an episode of Linda Reeves' House and Home about living in a home that is somewhat open-concept, with lots of uncovered windows and very, VERY little clutter. Very minimalist. I was intrigued by one home she visited, that of interior designer Dina Theodoropoulos whose home is was so clutter-free as to be hotel-like. I would kill for a home like that! Dina said something about how she feels so relaxed and calm when she comes home to a place that is so serene and minimal. I could live like that. I find it cosy to be somewhere that has too much stuff, or even any stuff on surfaces, sort of like my house:


I also went to La Croissanterie, the one on St. Catherine near St. Marc. As part of my goal to try new places to eat, I finally went into La Croissanterie after having walked passed it a million times. It's a pleasant little lunch place with great croissants and great coffee. I had lentil soup and a ham and cheese sandwich. The soup was delicious! The service was good too and no, there is no connection to it's more popular counterpart on Hutchison in Outremont.

I also patronized Boucherie Lagace & Fils in my neighbourhood for a sandwich. Di Rienzo's it isn't, but the sandwiches were nice (too much meat though!) and Mr. Lagace was the most enthusiastic butcher I've ever met.

No comments: