Saturday, January 5, 2008

Welcome to Willow!

Say hello to Willow: my new baby cat from the SPCA. So far she's proven to be a challenge. Why do I get all the sick cats? Mark picked her out from the many cute little kitties in cages, so sad to leave them all behind. Willow was sharing her cage with her brother, a beautiful grey tabby, but we're not ready for 2 cats, so we stuck with just Willow. I noticed one of her eyes looked glassy, but the woman who helped us out assured me Willow was healthy. That glassy eye would prove to be indeed a cold. And complications with her cold/flu mean that she's now on a course of antibiotics, aspirin for her fever and must be force-fed because she won't eat. In our over-zealousness in feeding her last night, we knocked out a couple of her teeth. She seems fine with it and the Internet told me baby cats lose their baby teeth as a matter of growing up, so I guess I'm fine with it too.

Today Mark and I went skating for the first time in 2008. Me on my 6$ Sally Ann specials and Mark with his new Christmas hockey stick and puck. There are a couple of outdoor rinks near my house, though the ice isn't in the best shape. I'll take pictures next time.

Today I am drinking a cup of tea for the first time in 2008. I *never* drink tea, but 2008 is going to be the year of firsts.

Firstly, I went skating at an outdoor rink in my neighbourhood, first I drank a cup of tea and another first includes the absence of New Year's resolutions. Rather, I will make goals. One being to try 2 new restaurants and/or cafes each month. Another being to wash dishes at least once a day. And yet another being to make sure 2008 is a BIG year. 2008 lends itself to being a BIG year in that I will graduate from university and be forced to find a job, we might move to a new city and I'll most definitely be taking an overseas trip. Mark has a few things up his sleeve too. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Pearl said...

Happy New Year Michelle!!! It's nice to see that you are still writing your blog!
Willow is VERY cute and I hope she gets better soon- in your hands I am sure she will, you have tons of experience with sick cats!
Great selection of goals! I want to read all about those cafes/restos that you try out!