Friday, January 11, 2008

How many blogs do you read?

...And how many do you actually like? I read about 6 or 7 personal blogs but I only actually enjoy reading 3 or 4. What of the remaining? I think I read them the way I read celebrity gossip or occasionally eat Kraft Dinner. That is to say, I read them with a mixture of annoyance, envy and nosiness, not because they are entertaining or have something very relevant to offer me. Reading them allows me to confirm my suspicions about that those people's lives are cooler than mine. I wonder if anyone reads my blog with this same feeling?

2 comments:

Eleanor Gang said...

Some blogs I read because I like the way the blogger writes, some because I like the content. Others are because I have connected in some way with the blogger herself. It’s a plus when the style and content are also enjoyable. I read your blog for all three reasons. You are a rarity in that.

margaret said...

I agree completely with Eleanor so I'm glad you're still blogging!

I definitely read too many blogs--mostly to do with adoption. I've always been easily addicted to anything serial so blogs are like candy to me.