Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ahhhhh! That was so much fun! Last night, Mark and I joined 11998 other cyclists for the Tour la Nuit, a 20km bike ride along city streets. It was really so much fun. The sidewalks were filled with people cheering us on! It's so funny to ride down the streets, very very leisurely I might add, and have all these people yelling, "You can do it! Keep going! Don't give up!" - it's certainly undeserving, but makes you feel so good and happy!

So much about the ride was great: getting to see parts of Monteral I'd never been to like the Complexe environmental Saint-Michel, seeing all the funnily dressed-up cyclists and riding down the most supportive street ever, Avenue Louis-Hebert. I don't know what it is about the people who live on Louis-Hebert, but they were out in droves with noise-makers, lawn chairs and babies waving us through!

And of course the big party at the end at Jeanne-Mance park - it was bigger than I thought with circus acts, all the sponsors giving away free stuff (none of which I took) and the other 11998 cyclists. After that we biked home which meant biking along the path that cuts through the new intersection at Parc and de Pins which since that intersection was completely redone, I'd never biked through. What a breeze it is now! So clean and organized. Ta-da!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have taken the free stuff

Marc said...

It's free because it isn't worth anything.