Friday, September 7, 2007

Hot dogs and a church.

I finally have internet in my room, so now I can post regularly. I hope this blog keeps you interested!

Despite not having the actual Student Visa in my hands, I was allowed into Iceland and finally have registered for the multiple identification numbers required to function in this country!

So far, I have met lots of nice people; particularly a Finnish woman named Elina and a Quebecois woman, Marie-Michele.

Today, I enjoyed another free hotdog (pilsur); hot dogs are an institution here. They put crunchy dried onions on them, very good. I've had two so far, and probably that is all I will have. There are some particular foods I would like to try, like skotuselur (monkfish), hardfiskur (a snack of dried haddock with butter) and lundi (puffin!).

Today I visited Hallgrimskirkja Church.
Here are a few views from the church tower. My camera isn't wonderful, but try to appreciate how colourful Reykjavik is. I think if it weren't for all the colourful buildings, it would be quite depressing, considering the gray weather here!

In this next one, you can see where I live: I circled it in black. I live right next to the university.

Oh, and on Sunday I'm going horseback riding and swimming in a hot pool. Here is a link, but I'll post photos when I get back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! We could see the whole city from there!