Monday, September 24, 2007

Perlan

This afternoon I went to Perlan, which turned out to be a bit of a let-down. Sometimes my impression of Reykjavik is the same impression I had of Thunder Bay: a small, isolated city surrounded and criss-crossed by highways full of happy drivers. When I'm walking anywhere, the sound of traffic is maddening. That must sound strange coming from a city-person, but it's not a stop and start sort of traffic, it's just continuous traffic. This is a picture of Perlan (not taken by me). Perlan is pearl in Icelandic by the way. Those cylinders hold hot water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought that place had a restaurant. sorry it sucked.

Eleanor Gang said...

Michelle! Jeff told me where to find you. Your pictures are awesome and it sounds like you're having an amazing adventure. All the best, Eleanor