Friday, September 21, 2007

Hafnarfjörður and the little people

According to my Lonely Planet, Hafnarfjörður "hides a parallel elfin universe" and "is believed to lie at the confluence of several strong ley lines (mystical lines of energy) and seems to be particularly rife with these twilight creatures. In fact, construction of roads and homes in Hafnarfjörður is only permitted if the site in question is free from little folk."

It's also the home of Iceland's smallest mountain. I don't have a clue how this sort of thing is measured and when we asked a local if a particular mountain happened to be this very mountain, we were met with annoyance at such a thing, but it's all there in black and white in the town's own tourist brochure!

Me having a grand old time in Hafnarfjörður .

Some of the little people?!

4 comments:

Robert said...

Is it expensive to visit all these places?

Anonymous said...

your photos are inspiring and very funny. are there any bunnies in iceland.

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle
I love the scary photo, next time though I want you to shrink yourself so that you too look like a miniature person, ha ha ha. I love reading your blog, you are learning so much about the country and I have fun passing it on to my friends. I can't believe you can eat cormorant... eat something crazy for me!!! miss you, Anne

Anonymous said...

Awsome!Cool!