Sunday, May 3, 2009

I woke up at about 7:30 this morning and stayed in bed for about 20 minutes before I decided I'd better get started on Day 1 of becoming Kath. I did the first 30 minutes of the Basic Flow on my Yoga Shakti DVD then checked my blog feed. Dana's already posted, and what a post! She's really captured Kath. I felt inspired to get going even more so I swept and mopped the living room, hall, bathroom and dining room. Hearing all the noise, Mark asked what was going on and then wanted to know why I didn't turn this into Michelle Eats and do it all the time. Which is when I told him to go back to sleep or I'd punch him in the face; I think I was channeling Sylvana there more than Kath. 

Feeling incredulous that I was so productive without even my first cup of coffee, I got started on breakfast.

I'd put a banana in the freezer last night, intending to make smoothies this morning.

The mix for two servings:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp hemp protein
- 1 1/2 cups of soy milk

Plus a coffee (no half decaf here my friend), whole-wheat toast with peanut butter and jam and a glass of cool lemony water. Now, Mark and I will actually clean the kitchen before we head out for the day instead of leaving it until....ooooh, sometime next week. Ciao!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive! But I notice in your to do list that you haven't slotted in time for blogging after every meal. You ARE going to blog after every meal aren't you? Kath does.

Michelle said...

Posting after every meal takes a lot of time, especially if you want to edit the photos a little. But yes, I will post pictures of every meal, though maybe not *right after* every meal.

Eleanor Gang said...

Those smoothies look amazing!

Robert said...

I like your new blog look, Michelle. Spring is a good time of year to do new things. There are some things right about Kath and there are some things that are forced. After you try it out for a while I'm sure you'll find which is which.