Monday, May 4, 2009

What a productive day! You'll be happy to know I made it up the Atwater hill without having to stop and walk my bike! It's about an 18km trip return to Akhavan from my house so I think,  taking into consideration any coasting I did, I got at least 30 minutes of exercise in today. 

I stopped to nibble on some olives and almonds in Westmount park on my way home. At home, put together some arugula, chick peas and broccoli with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. It was only "ok" - olive oil and vinegar isn't cutting it for me these days, I might start experimenting with making more interesting dressings. For desert I had some of that beautiful yogurt (so thick you can stand a spoon in it) with some sour cherries and of course, cool lemony water. I ate outside on the front balcony.


Twice since lunch I've had more olives and almonds (and a few crackers), they are just tooooooo good:

I just finished deep-frying (!!) falafel that I made from a mix I got at Akhavan. It was the first deep-frying I've ever done and the falafel look tasty! I mixed together a quick tzatziki to eat them with but after hovering over all that hot oil, I don't feel that hungry anymore. Don't worry, I'll take pictures when I eat later on!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I love all the food pictures, it's giving me ideas for meals and snacks. those olives look tasty!