Monday, May 4, 2009

I didn't take a picture, but last night I had some "cracker snacks". This is an invention by the brother-in-law. It's crackers each with a tiny slice of cheese, tiny slice of some kind of meat (preferably cured), maybe some onion and then a yum yum sliced pickle. Delish! Cracker snacks are the only reason I ever buy yum yums and then I have them once and forget they exist. But I remembered last night!

This is what Mark and I say every weekend morning*: I woke up at 6am and felt great! Then I fell asleep again and now I feel not so great.  :(

We seem to oversleep every weekend, get up at 9am or so and feel like we wasted a couple of hours. Oh well. Mark had to leave early for work (leaving for work at 9am is early for him), so we jumped out of bed for oatmeal at about 8am.

The mix:

- 1/3 cup of Old Mill Large Flake Oats
- 1/3 cup of parmalat 3% milk (I don't usually use 3%, but that's what we have)
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup Europe's Best raspberries
- 3 Amira almonds (which expired in January now that I happen to look at the package!)
- 1 tbsp Webber Naturals cold milled certified organic ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp of chocolate sprinkles (at which Mark said, "I see you're playing Kath at her own game!")

Plus a coffee and some cool lemony water. I ate about 3/4 of the oatmeal - got too full!

Man, it's already a lot of work to blog so much, let alone come into the kitchen to find out what brands I'm using!

I actually did the breakfast dishes after watching last night's Family Guy (one of the funniest yet!). Now I'm off on my bike to buy some treats at Akhavan! I love their olives with chopped up garlic and those almonds that I think are mixed in some kind of tamarind flavouring. Plus that incredibly impossibly thick yogurt.

This bike ride will mark the first of the year going up "the hill" - that's what I call it anytime I go up towards downtown. I HATE the first few times going up "the hill" - it's murder, but it has to be done if it's going to get any easier, right?

*I consider Mondays to be the weekend still as I don't work on Mondays.

1 comment:

tara said...

this new blogging is making me tired -- that Kath girl is crazy!!!!